As you have seen the last days,
we're working on a multiplayer mod of GTA3.
We're currently working and testing very hard and here's a list
of features of the first release of GTA3AM, not pretty much... but
- 2 players supported for now
- gta3am currently only supports multiplayer in cars, players on
foot can't be seen yet
- currently gta3am uses the previous car-method to display the other
players car, that means the previous car that
you were driving belongs to the player on the other computer.
- car models can't be displayed yet, there are too much problems
with GTA3 crashing when the car model of the
other player is loaded. That means that the player2-car, which the
other player is driving, is tuned.. so it drives
like that car, but the car model remains your previous car.
- working on synchronization of data: when player1 sends to player2,
player2 sends to player1. Included in first release.
- gta3am is a program that runs, so the only thing you have to do
is start a server, let the other player join.. press a
key to activate the multiplayer, and play! Very simple.
- working on a good layout for the program, and it might be able
to integrate gta3am in GTA3.
- gta3am works with memory adresses of GTA3, pretty hard to program..
so any help is always welcome!