Step by Step guide for first time users.
1. Buy Grand Theft Auto : Vice City in a store
2. Install Grand Theft Auto on your PC
3. Open your internet browser (Usually Internet Explorer)
4. Surf to http://www.mtavc.com
5. Find the menu section and click on"Downloads"
6. Search for "Releases" and click on it
7. Now click on MTA:VC
8. Locate MTA:VC 0.2 and click it
9. Look at the bottom and click on one of the links. The download should begin
10. After downloading open MTAinstall.exe
11. Read the license agreement
12. If you agree with the agreement click on "I Agree", otherwise click "Cancel"
13. Choose a folder where you want to install MTA:VC 0.2 and click on "Next >"
14. Browse to you Vice city folder and click on "Next >"
15. Choose where you want your start menu shortcuts, please do not click on the checkbox since it will cause errors during installation. Click on "Install"
16. After installation click on "Close"
If you know a server IP please go to step 29
17. Surf to http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2
18. Search for the All Seeing Eye download and select the apropriate mirror (N. America or Europe)
19. Download and install ASE. Let ASE download the latest updates for the software
20. Follow the wizard and let ASE search for installed games.
If "Multi Theft Auto" does not show up, follow the following steps, else goto step 23
21. Goto filter and click "Configure games ..."
22. Search "Multi Theft Auto" in the list probably under Uninstalled games. Check the box "Visible in filter list" and fill in the Program location between "
23. After completion, find "Multi Theft Auto" click it and press F5 to refresh the Server List
24. Select a server and double click on it.
25. The client will now start and connect to the selected server. Since this is your first time there is no nickname. Please click the disconnect button, fill in a nickname in the correct field and press connect again.
26. Click on the "Start Game" button to launch GTA:Vice City, do not start it from the start menu
27. Start a new game and wait for it to load
28. Congratulations you are now playing Multi Theft Auto
End step by step procedure
29. Open the start menu and locate MTA. Click it to open the client.
30. On the right fill in the IP, port and nickname. If it is a private server fill in the password.
31. Click the connect button
32. Click on the "Start Game" button to launch GTA:Vice City, do not start it from the start menu
33. Start a new game
34. Congratulations, you are now playing Multi Theft Auto.
1. If the game crashes, it appears the screen is frozen, press return twice to go back to windows.
2. In Windows XP, do not run the game or client in Windows 98/Me compatibility mode, despite what some people say.
3. Make sure your game is set to English and that the correct version is chosen in the client.
4. Please do NOT install the GTA:VC 1.1 patch. This patch fixes a graphics corruption on some hardware combinations with a GeForce card. This problem has also been solved in the latest drivers so this patch is not needed anymore
5. Please remember that this software is under development!