First Time MTA User Guide 0.2.x
Written by: Alex3305
Adapted by: Blokker
1. Buy Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (For PC).
2. Install Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on your PC.
3. Open your browser and surf to: www.mtavc.com.
4. You are now on the MTA Website.
5. Now look for the download link to the latest version.
7. After you've successfully downloaded it, locate it (go to the directory where you saved it).
8. Double click on the file to install.
You also need to be administrator when you run MTA:VC for the first time.
10. To agree with the agreement, click on "I Agree". If you do not agree, click "Cancel".
11. Choose the directory where you want to install MTA 0.2.x and click on "Next".
12. Now locate and browse to your GTA: Vice City folder and click on "Next".
13. Specify the Menu shortcut option if you want. Please do not click on the checkbox because it will cause errors during installation.
14. After the installation, click on the "Close" button.
15. Now you've successfully installed MTA:VC 0.2.x.
16. Surf to: www.udpsoft.com/eye2.
17. Look for the All-Seeing Eye download and select a mirror (North America or Europe).
18. Download and install ASE (The All-Seeing Eye). Let ASE download the latest updates for you.
20. Goto Filter and click on Configure Games...
21. Look for "Multi Theft Auto" in the list (probably under Uninstalled games). Check the box "Visible in filter list" and specify the program location.
22. After completion, find "Multi Theft Auto" click it and press F5 to refresh the Server List.
23. Select an Server and double click on it.
24. The client will now start and connect to the selected server. Since this is your first time there will be no nickname specified. Please click the disconnect button, specify your nickname in the correct textbox and press connect again.
25. Now click on "Start Game".
26. Click Start Game and click Multi Theft Auto.
27. Choose your Player.
28. Congratulations ! You are now playing Multi Theft Auto.
30. On the right fill in the IP, port and nickname. If it is a private server fill in the password.
31. Click on Start Game.
32. Congratulations ! You are now playing Multi Theft Auto.
1. If the game crashes (when the screen is frozen) press return twice to go back to Windows.
2. In Windows XP, do not run the game or client in Windows 98/Me compatibility mode, despite what some people say.